ProtectUK and Counter Terrorism Policing are encouraging live music venues and festivals to:
- Empower music fans with safety advice via online and offline methods, such as: social media, websites, digital screens, email, mobile apps, and posters.
- Reassure music fans that they are safe and security checks are in place to ensure that they have a safe experience.
- Educate and encourage fans to report behaviour that is out of place and not quite right, by reporting immediately to security staff.
- Support by using #BeSafeBeSound creative materials.
- Encourage staff at live music venues and festivals to take up ACT e-learning training to recognise suspicious behaviour, understand what to do should a member of the public report something that isn’t quite right, and what to do should a terrorist attack occur.